wtorek, 7 maja 2024

Wiosenny Odlot (Mid War) - report


 

Another "Odlot" tournament became history. This time we agreed to focus on mid-war period. So all pilots chose aicraft flown in 1942-1943. Each of six pilots was able to play three different scenarios chosen from the BRS rulebook: Dogfight (for the worm up), Frontlines and Targets of Opportunity (both for the first time during competitive event). I'd like to say that each of them worked quite well and I belive - with a bit of polishing - would be used during the future events.

 

Let me present the players and the strategies:

Karol chose quantity over quality with six Spitfires MkVb and Defensive tactics as a doctrine. He became our champion once again with two victories and one draw. His curse was Heavy Flak Presense card (he lost two aircrafts this way). As far as I know Defensive Tactics wasn't used intentionally as his opponents preffered to attack from Head on (which meet Karol's intention).


 

Arek took 5 aircraft Croatian Bf109G squadron. He chose High Altitude Performance as his doctrine which worked quite well during the game. His veteran pilots were free to outmaneouver their opponents. If only support them with regualar pilot he would receive an optimal effect. 

 

Reggiane Re.2002 were Łukasz T choice. He chose Low Altitude Performace as his doctrine which seems natural for his Poor Quality aircrafts. Those were second turning fighter squadron at this event. 

 

Łukasz W took his favourite Japaneese energy fighters: J2M. Those were fast and furious during the battles. Similar to Arek he chose High Altitude Performance as his doctrine. Being the fastest he could outmaneouver his opponents at hand.

 

Konrad dusted off his Mosquitos Mk II for this event. As a doctrine he chose Seasoned pilots which appeared as an extremely useful, especially under heavy fire of Japaneese Raidens. 


I decided to play Alpha strike squadron with Sustained dive as a doctrine. To give balance I chose P38J. First battle against Raidens ended up with my failure. I let my opponent to tail Flying Forks. To be honest chosen doctrine was useful only once during third scenario when I was able to find comfortable scanning area. I need to learn much more how to play energy fighters.

 

Some thoughts

I'm happy that Turning Fighters are no longer dominant way of play in Poland, even though Spitfire was a winner once more. Each player chose different aircraft, and at least half of players took energy fighters for this event.

I'm also happy for adaptation of new scenarios for the competitive game. I think Frontlines and Targets off opportunity worked quite well in our event.

And last but not least I'm very happy for new organizer of our event. Karol did great job as a host of Odlot tournament.

Here you have some photos








Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz